Trade Paperback 240 pg | May 2023
Subject: Psychology; Self-Help, Emotions
eBook ISBN: 9780875169323
It was long ago that Roman poet Catullus (84-54BC) said, “We hate and we love, can one tell me why?” Have you ever wondered . . . Why You Feel the Way You Do?
In Why You Feel the Way You Do, author Reneau Z. Peurifoy helps you emerge from those nagging, unhealthy emotional barriers, while providing practical ways to experience more joy in your daily life. Moving beyond emotional problems, Peurifoy also explores what positive psychology has recently learned about the three most important emotional factors that impact personal happiness.
Now is the time for you to discover what’s hiding behind the negative emotions, unhealthy response patterns and distorted thinking that keeps many from living a happier and more fulfilling life. Why You Feel the Way You Do takes you on a journey beyond your personality, your DNA, and your family upbringing, to pinpoint critical issues and self-destructive thought patterns that influence your well-being, followed by practical tools for managing negative emotions in a healthier way.
• Learn about the emotional circuits we share with our pets.
• Discover ways to quiet destructive emotional triggers.
• Understand the role of guilt/shame and ways to manage them.
• Reduce the negative effects of social media and devices.
• Identify common destructive response patterns and learn how to change them.
. . . plus much more!